Please read the description of the position below. If this sounds like you, fill out an application via the link below. Please note, we are hiring for shifts on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and some Mondays. You must be regularly available during some of these shifts to be considered.
Who we are
- Half Baked Pottery & Gifts is a local small, but growing, business that provides the community with an art escape. We help the “creatively challenged” find their creative side. Our goal is to provide enough assistance that the customer is delighted with their masterpiece!
- Half Baked Pottery & Gifts provides customers a fun, relaxing atmosphere and clean environment in which they can create pottery, mosaics, and glass works. We also offer birthday parties, bridal showers, private parties, custom painting, and much more.
- We are known by our customers as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. If we don’t know the answer to their question, we will find it for them.
- We are a tight group that must work as a team to assist customers. We strive to create a fun environment where families can play together.
- We will train you to assist customers, work with paints and glass, teach techniques, run efficient and fun birthday parties, glaze pottery and load kilns.
- Half Baked Pottery & Gifts is a casual, family-friendly contemporary art studio. We work hard but have fun doing it.
- This position entails greeting customers and teaching them about our wide variety of products and options. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach and clean up after our customers.
- Position entails lots of cleaning including mopping, taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, tables, chairs, counters, windows and more. Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority of this job. Employees are also responsible for unpacking shipments and merchandising. Employees must be tedious and detail oriented to carefully complete the glazing, firing and finishing of customers’ pieces. Employees will open and close the studio, ring up receipts, run credit cards, answer phones, track customer creations, assist with kids camps, birthday parties and walk-in painters.
- Employees work both together in teams and independently. Employees will take direction from the owner, manager or supervisor and will complete all assigned tasks in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Employees are also expected to assist with special projects intended to improve the studio and quality of customer experience.
Requirements or Qualifications
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and must be comfortable working alone, opening and closing the studio
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly with customers, management and other employees in a friendly and upbeat manner.
- Candidates must be able to follow written instructions and complete tasks with little supervision.
- Must be bubbly, fun, friendly, patient, thorough, punctual, love working with kids. Candidates must love to clean and organize.
- Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and/or children.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 40lbs. Employees must be capable of standing/walking for a 5 hour shift without difficulty.
- This positions does not involve any pottery painting, custom work or other employee-created art work. There will be no time for homework, painting, reading or any tasks that are not related directly to the work at Half Baked Pottery & Gifts during working hours and scheduled shifts.
- Candidates must be excellent time-managers and multi-taskers. Employees are required to assist multiple customers while cleaning, answering phones and organizing fragile finished works of art.
- Must work well under pressure and in high stress situations. Employees are required to assist with customer issues and problems with a cool, calm and collected manner. Great problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Applicants must present a drug and alcohol-free, family-friendly appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
- Must be able to learn thoroughly all products and options available at Half Baked Pottery & Gifts and be able to assist customer with questions, purchases, reservations and other requests.
- Employees must have a flexible schedule and be willing and available to work evenings and weekends.
- Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Employees will at all times follow the rules, policies, contracts, manuals, owner and manager instructions, written and verbal instructions and will promptly request clarifications should questions arise.
How To Apply Only complete applications will be considered for interviews. Click the link below to complete our online application form. Interviewing candidates will dress appropriately for the position for which they are applying.